Where has my credit gone?
You'll see the credit on your account go down – or disappear – for one of two reasons:
- We've given you a refund.
- Your credit has been used to pay off some of your energy costs.
1. We've given you a refund
- If you pay by Direct Debit, we give you a refund if you've more than £40 credit in your account at the time of your annual review.
- If you've asked us to refund your credit, any money we give back to you is taken off your credit.
2. Your credit has been used to pay off some of your energy costs
- If you pay by Budget Direct Debit, the credit you build up over summer pays for some of your winter fuel. This is how we spread your energy costs evenly throughout the year, and how you avoid high winter energy bills.
- If you pay by Cash/Cheque or Direct Debit Whole Amount, your credit will have been used to pay off some of your energy charges – you'll see the calculation on your bill.