Where are EDF Energy's nuclear power stations located in the UK?
We have seven stations operating advanced gas-cooled reactors (AGR) and one station at Sizewell B operating a pressurised water reactor (PWR) across the UK.
Their locations are:
- Dungeness B (AGR) - Near Romney Marsh, Kent, on the south coast of England. .
- Hartlepool (AGR) - Just south of Hartlepool, on the north east coast of England.
- Heysham 1 (AGR) - South of Morecambe on the north west coast of England.
- Heysham 2 (AGR) -West of Lancaster on the north west coast of England.
- Hinkley Point B (AGR) - Near Bridgwater, Somerset, on the south west coast of England.
- Hunterston B (AGR) - South of Largs, Ayrshire, on the west coast of Scotland.
- Torness (AGR) - Near Dunbar, East Lothian, on the east coast of Scotland.
- Sizewell B (PWR) - Near Leiston, Suffolk, on the East Anglian coast.
For more information about our Nuclear power stations visit our website.