What do I need to know about the Energy+BoilerCare tariff?
Energy+BoilerCare provides a fixed tariff for gas and electricity that includes six months’ BoilerCare cover on EDF Energy, subject to terms and conditions. It includes the option to take BoilerCare cover for the full year. If you choose this tariff and agree to our terms and conditions, you’ll get the first six months of the annual BoilerCare policy covered by us.
The terms and conditions require you to sign up to the annual BoilerCare policy but you’ll only pay after the first six months’ policy cover. To do this you’ll need to agree to us transferring your bank account details to our trusted insurance provider, Intana, so they can set up a Direct Debit for the monthly payments of £11.50 each. To benefit from the Energy+BoilerCare tariff you agree to receive both gas and electricity from us and pay for your energy by Direct Debit. We can't offer any advice about the insurance package and you'll need to decide for yourself whether or not it meets your needs. If you already have boiler breakdown cover you should compare benefits before signing up to this offer.
To be eligible for the six months BoilerCare cover on EDF Energy:
- You agree to taking out an annual BoilerCare cover policy with our insurance partner Intana for which you will get the first six months cover on us.
- Your energy contract 14 day cooling off period will need to have passed.
- The transfer of both fuels onto the Energy+BoilerCare tariff will need to be complete.
- You ‘ll have consented for us to send your bank details to Intana to set up a Direct Debit to enable monthly payments of the insurance cover premium, once the six months cover on us ends.
- With this BoilerCare cover, it doesn’t matter how old your boiler is, as long as it’s in good working order, has had a regular service and spare parts are still available.
- Confirmation of the Intana insurance cover start date will be sent with your policy documents forming part of your contract pack. See Intana’s terms and conditions, including eligibility criteria for the policy cover
By signing up to this tariff you confirm you’ve read, understand and accept Intana’s terms and conditions, including that your ability to access the insurance policy offered as part of this energy tariff is conditional upon meeting any eligibility criteria set out in Intana’s terms and conditions.
Find out more about Energy+BoilerCare:
What benefits do I get with Energy+BoilerCare?
What happens if I cancel my Direct Debit for Energy+BoilerCare?
Will I need to pay an exit fee if I cancel my tariff and move to another EDF Energy tariff?
What does the insurance part of the Energy+BoilerCare tariff include?
I received an error message saying my insurance policy couldn't be fulfilled unless I write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Why is this?