My new property is now connected to the mains – how do I set up my gas and/or electricity supply?
- Give us a call on 0333 200 5117* – we'll set up an energy account for you, and arrange an appointment for your meter installation
- We'll need the unique supply numbers that you should now have from your local network distributors – these are also known as your 'MPAN' for electricity and 'MPRN' for gas
Read on to find out how the process works:
What do I need to do to set up my gas and/or electricity supply?
How do I get a new meter installed at my property?
How much does a new meter cost?
How long does it take to set up my electricity and gas supply?
Here's what you need to do:
1. Call us on 0333 200 5117*
2. Give us the unique supply numbers you received from your local network distributors when you paid for your new connections
- Your electricity supply number is known as your Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN)
- Your gas supply number is called your Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN)
3. Choose your new electricity and/or gas tariff, and sign a contract with us
We'll take care of the rest:
1. We register your supply with the Meter Point Administration Service, which usually takes about 10 working days
2. We contact you to set a date for the installation of your electricity and/or gas meter. The date will depend on the type of meter you want, and the availablity of engineers in your area
3. We install your new electricity and/or gas meter, and your new property has its energy supply
Give us a call on 0333 200 5117* as soon as you have your unique supply numbers from your local network distributor. We can then help you set up your new energy supply – including your meter installation (see above for details)
Nothing. Meter installations are always free of charge following a new connection.
We'll let you know when you give us a call. The length of time it takes to get connected will depend on your location, whether your connection works are completed on time, the type of meter you're getting, and the availability of meter installation engineers in your area.
*Calls to UK wide numbers are included in any inclusive call plan you may have. If you don’t have an inclusive call plan, calls are charged at a national rate. Please check with your service provider if you’re unsure.