I’ve been asked to check my trip switches/fuse box. How do I do that?

Your fuse box (also called a consumer unit) is a box containing the fuses for the circuits in your home. It’s where electricity is controlled and distributed, and should be easy to find. If you lose power, it might be because your supply has ‘tripped’. You can usually fix this yourself by opening the box and flicking a switch back to the ‘on’ or ‘green’ position.

Need some help?

If you’re having problems, or you think your fuse box is damaged, please contact a NICEIC approved electrician who’ll be able to come and check it for you.




Did that solve your problem?

SolvedI still need help

Excellent news!

We're glad we could help.

Log into MyAccountHelp Centre home

Looks like you need some more help

Get in touch

Contact UsHelp Centre home