How do I change my low balance alert for smart pay as you go?
When the balance on your meter drops to £5, we'll send you a text or email to let your know your credit is running low.
You can change your alert amount on our app or in MyAccount:
- Log in to MyAccount (you may need to register first – you'll need your account number and email address for this)
- Go to 'My Payments', and click on 'Low balance alert'
- Choose whether you want to change the alert for electricity or gas
- Choose a new alert amount: £10, £15 or £20
- Click 'Update'
If you've given us your mobile number, we'll text your low balance alerts to you. If not, we'll email them.
- Log into the EDF app (available for iOS or Android)
- Go to PAYG > Manage electric/gas > tap edit Low balance alerts
- Choose whether to change your alert for electricity or gas
- Select your alert level: £5, £10, £20 or £50
- Confirm your new low-balance alert
Alternatively, can avoid the need for low-balance alerts by setting an auto top-up:
- Go onto PAYG > Manage electric/gas > tap Set up under Auto top-up
- Select the amount your balance will drop to before automatically topping up: £5, £10, £20, £50
- Confirm your auto top-up