Can I have a free gas safety check?
Unfortunately we can’t give all our customers free checks. You’re eligible if
- you live with a child who’s under five years old, or;
- you’re of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick and live alone, or;
- you’re of pensionable age, disabled or chronically sick and live with others who are all of pensionable age, disabled, chronically sick or under 18;
- you get a means-tested benefit (eg Housing Benefit or Council Tax support), and;
- you haven’t had a gas safety check in the last 12 months.
If you’re not eligible for a free safety check, make sure a qualified engineer regularly checks your gas appliances. Our gas safety booklet has more information.
What the check includes
We’ll send a qualified engineer to check that any gas appliances and gas fittings you have are working correctly.
How to book
Just complete the online form, and if you‘re eligible, you will be contacted to arrange your appointment.