Providing low-carbon electricity that doesn't rely on the weather
Sizewell C will meet 7% of the UK's energy needs for at least 60 years
6 million homes powered
Sizewell C will generate enough low-carbon electricity to supply six million homes.
By replacing fossil-fuel power, it will avoid around nine million tonnes of carbon emissions each year.*
*compared to a gas-fired power station
It will create thousands of local jobs and contribute around £4 billion to the regional economy.
The project will support 70,000 jobs across the UK and rely on over 3,000 UK-based suppliers.
Thinking of supplying Sizewell C? We have lots of useful information on what it's like supplying a nuclear project like ours and how to get your business involved.
Jobs and skills
Sizewell C will support as many as 70,000 jobs across the UK. We will create 1,500 apprenticeships and deliver thousands of employment and training opportunities to East Suffolk.
The biggest threat to biodiversity is climate change. Sizewell C will help to reduce carbon emissions and our plans will lead to an increase in local biodiversity.
Sizewell C Clean Energy Hub
Sizewell C will pave the way for other low-carbon technologies, including hydrogen production and Direct Air Capture (DAC), technologies that are important to the UK achieving Net Zero.
Contacting Sizewell C
If you'd like to get in touch with us about the project, we'd love to hear from you.
- Call: FREEPHONE 0800 197 6102 (Weekdays: 9am - 5pm)
- Write: FREEPOST SZC (No stamp or further address required)
- Visit: Sizewell C Information Office, 48-50 High Street, Leiston IP16 4EW (open for visits without appointment 9.30am – 5pm weekdays only, closed lunchtimes 12:30pm – 1.30pm)
- For general queries: email@example.com
- For media queries: firstname.lastname@example.org