1. Don’t leave appliances on standby
It may not look like much, but that little red light uses power all the time that it's on.
2. Defrost fridges and freezers regularly
Unhappy fridge freezers use more power than they should. You should also make sure they’re not near any heat sources like radiators or your oven.
3. Clean the grille behind fridges and freezers
This helps keep them cool and efficient, just how they should be.
4. Only run your washing machine on a full load
If you've only got a few items use the half load setting. Economy settings or 30° washes use less energy too.
5. Save energy with low-energy programmes on dishwashers
For all but the dirtiest of dishes!
6. Find out more tips and advice on our energy efficient appliance page