Summary Terms and Conditions:
UK, 18+ only. 10/07/19 – 19/07/19. Comment under this post guessing the location of one of the three hidden electric cars. Everyone that guesses correctly will be entered into a prize draw to win 1 of 3 x staycations for 4 people between 5th August 2019 to 12th August 2019, including hire of an electric car for the duration of the staycation. Max 1 entry per person. No purchase necessary. Visit https://www.edfenergy.com/ for full T&Cs and prize details. Promoter: EDF Energy.
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is only open to residents of Scotland, England and Wales aged 18 or over, excluding anyone professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid Instagram account is required.
3. Promotion Period: Enter between 11.00 BST on the 10th July 2019 and 23.59 BST on the 19th July 2019 inclusive.
4. To Enter: Before the Promotion Period, the Promoter will hide three electric cars in remote places around the country. Entrants are invited to log into their Instagram account (or create one for free), then guess one of the three locations of these hidden electric cars as a comment under the promotional post on the EDF Energy Instagram page using #ElectricAdventures and @EDFEnergy. The entrants that correctly guess the location of one of the three cars will be entered into a prize draw.
5. Maximum of one entry per person during the Promotion Period.
6. The Prizes: 3 winners will each win 1 of 3 x staycations in the UK for 4 people between 5th August 2019 to 12th August 2019, including hire of an electric car for the duration of the staycation.
7. Further Prize Details and Conditions:
a. The winners or their guests will require a clean UK Driving Licence to drive the electric car.
b. Winner eligibility is subject to meeting insurance terms and conditions.
c. The prize will include travel from the winner’s home to the holiday destination only.
d. The winners or their guests will be responsible for any costs associated with charging the electric cars over the duration of their trip.
e. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
8. Winner Selection: 3 winners will be randomly selected from all entries received during the Promotion Period that have correctly guessed the location of one of the hidden electric cars. The prize draw will be run by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service within 3 working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
9. Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted via a direct message to the Instagram account used on entry within 3 working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the Prize, within 7 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 7 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
10. Moderation: The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by the Promoter or could reflect negatively the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
b. defames, misrepresents, or insult other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners);
c. promotes any political agenda.
11. The winner agrees to allow the Promoter to use their surname and county of residence to announce the winner of this Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the surname and county of residence of the winner. The winner may object to their surname and county of residence being published or request for the amount of information being published to be reduced. The winner further agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
12. By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their entries to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the prize, for up to two years for promotion purposes from the date of entry. Copyright will remain with the entrant. However, by entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter publishing these entries on their website and possible further use on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms.
13. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason a Prize is not available, the Promoter will substitute another prize for it of equal or higher value.
14. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including where there is infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, dishonesty, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or does not comply with these Terms & Conditions and may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
15. The Promoter and any associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing will exclude our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence.
16. Any entry must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms & Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.
17. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
18. Subject to the consent of the winners, the surname and county of the winners will be made available on the EDF Energy Instagram page’s story.
20. If any provisions of these Terms & Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
21. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
22. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms & Conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in the Terms & Conditions shall prevail.
23. These Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and their interpretation and application shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: EDF Energy, 329 Portland Road, Hove, BN3 5SU.