The Prize Draw is provided by EDF Energy Customers Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 2228297, having its registered address at 90 Whitfield Street, London, W1T 4EZ (“EDF Energy”).
1. By entering the Edinburgh International Science Festival City Art Centre ticket Prize Draw you are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions.
2. From 10:00 Thursday 05 April 2018 to 10:000 on Monday 09 April 2018 (the “Duration”), we shall allow entrants to enter the Prize Draw provided they comply with these terms and conditions.
3. Each entry will give the entrant the opportunity to win one Prize during the Prize Draw. Only 1 (one) entry per person will be counted per Prize Draw.
4. To be eligible, you must (a) be a legal resident of the United Kingdom; (b) be aged 13 (thirteen) and over; and (c) if you are aged between 13 (thirteen) and 16 (sixteen) have consent from a parent or guardian who has read and accepted these Terms and Conditions on your behalf. Entries are accepted from individuals only. Entries from multiple participants or groups will not be accepted.
References in these Terms and Conditions to “you” and “your” are references to both the entrant and their parent/guardian.
6. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, retailers and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies and providers involved with the Prize Draw, and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. Entries will be void where prohibited by law.
7. Entrants to this Prize Draw are required to have a Facebook account to participate. Facebook have individual usage Terms and Conditions which you must accept and agree to – it is the responsibility of the entrant or parent/guardian to ensure that these terms and conditions have been reviewed and can be agreed to. The minimum age for email accounts is typically 13 (thirteen) years of age. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to ensure their child is of a sufficient age to be using email, entering our Prize Draw and having a Facebook account.
8. Children at risk: Children at risk include children and their families who are in hiding, under police protection, whose lives may be at threat, children in the care of social services, children involved in active legal proceedings, or any other children whose personal or family health, safety, privacy or welfare could be adversely affected by their participation in the Prize Draw. Any child who, or whose family, may be adversely affected by being seen or identified or referred to must not take part in the Prize Draw.
HOW TO ENTER:
9. For a chance to win in the Prize Draw, entrants are required to leave a comment on EDF Energy’s Facebook post that offers the chance to win tickets to Edinburgh International Science Festival City Arts Centre. Invitations to enter will be displayed on EDF Energy’s Facebook page and the Prize Draw is free to enter.
You will be required to send us a direct message via Facebook in response to the Notification (defined in Clause 14) being notified of your winning status and confirm that you have read and accepted the Prize Draw Terms and Conditions. All entries from participants aged 13 (thirteen) – 16 (sixteen) must be made with the consent of a parent or guardian aged over 18 (eighteen) years who consents to the Prize Draw Terms and Conditions, as well as Facebooks Terms and Conditions.
10. You may not enter more than once; only 1 (one) entry per person will be counted for each Prize Draw and winners will only be eligible for 1 (one) Prize. Winners will be selected at random and awarded the Prize at the sole discretion of EDF Energy.
11. Comments shall be deemed to be submitted at the date and time of receipt as determined by EDF Energy.
THE PRIZES AND WINNER SELECTION
12. EDF Energy will award twenty-five (25) Prizes, each comprised of four (4) tickets.. Each Prize is valued up to £36.50.
13. Prize Draw: Winners will be chosen at random from a pool of valid entries in a daily Prize Draw. If there are insufficient entries to be able to award all Prizes EDF Energy retains the right not to award the excess Prizes.
14. The Prize Draw will take place on Monday 09 April 2018.
15. Prizes must be obtained through the Edinburgh International Science Festival box office by calling 0844 557 2686 and quoting the codeword. EDF Energy will supply a codeword in the Notification (defined in Clause 14). All children must be accompanied by an adult and each Prize awarded must have at least one (1) child in attendance.
16. EDF Energy is not responsible for any delay in receiving a Prize caused by any and all Facebook social media network failures, or any other delays as a result of any actions on the part of Facebook.
17. Prizes are not transferrable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at EDF Energy’s sole discretion. EDF Energy reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
18. Winners will be informed by direct message from EDF Energy through the Facebook platform within three (3) working days of the Prize Draw. ("Notification"). Winners will have twenty-four (24) hours from the time the Notification is sent to respond and acknowledge that they would like to accept the prize.
i. a selected winner is found to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions; or
ii. Notification or any Prize is returned as undeliverable; or
iii. the selected winner(s) do not provide the necessary information for Prize fulfilment within twenty-four (24) hours of Notification; or
iv. the selected winner(s) is unable to accept the Prize for any reason,
he/she will be disqualified, his/her Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant at the sole discretion of EDF Energy.
21. Insofar as permitted by law, EDF Energy is not in any circumstances responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries or for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Prize Draw or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries. EDF Energy is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections. EDF Energy is not responsible for any errors whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to, or in connection with, the Prize Draw including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Prize Draw, the processing of entries, views, postings and/or shares (as applicable), the announcement of the Prizes, or in any Prize Draw-related materials. EDF Energy reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and void his or her entry(ies) if EDF Energy considers that they have tampered with the entry process or otherwise failed to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND:
22. If for any reason any aspect of this Prize Draw is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the control of EDF Energy, subject to applicable laws, EDF Energy may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Prize Draw, or invalidate any affected entries. In the event of such an occurrence EDF Energy may post a notice on the relevant EDF Energy communication channels.
23. EDF Energy may terminate this Prize Draw at any time by posting a notice on the relevant EDF Energy communication channels.
Any intellectual property rights arising in, generated from or associated with the submission of an entry (“Entry IP”) shall be vested in EDF Energy.
By submitting an entry, where applicable the entrant warrants that: (i) all materials submitted in the entry are original and the entrant’s own work; (ii) it is the sole owner of all intellectual property rights subsisting in the entry (including supporting materials); (iii) it has full authority to enter this Prize Draw; (iv) the use or exploitation of the submitted information and/or materials will not infringe any rights of any third party and (v) it shall immediately inform EDF Energy if it becomes aware of any such infringement.
By submitting the entry, in consideration of the benefits of participation, the entrant hereby grants to EDF Energy an exclusive, royalty-free, sole worldwide, irrevocable licence to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store and/or re-format the entry, including the idea, and any accompanying material submitted to EDF Energy for any purpose, including in connection with any publicity of the Prize Draw. The entrant undertakes not to grant to any third party any other licence or rights in respect of the entry, idea or submitted material.
In consideration of the Prize, each entrant agrees that it shall:
assign to EDF Energy with full title guarantee, all intellectual property rights in the submitted entry (including the idea, and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter) to which the entrant may now or at any time in the future be entitled, including under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world; and
waive all moral rights in the submission.
Such assignment and waiver shall be effective as at the date of submitting the entry.
EDF Energy may use your forename and region only to announce the winners of this Prize Draw and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
This Prize Draw and all claims and disputes (whether contractual or non-contractual) relating to it or its subject shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute under these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Any provision in these Terms and Conditions which is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court, governmental department, body or tribunal, or in any applicable jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability and will not invalidate or render unenforceable the remaining provisions hereof and should any provision be held invalid or unenforceable in an applicable jurisdiction such provision shall not be contested, invalidated or rendered unenforceable in any other jurisdiction.