The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) scheme allows EDF to recover the cost of equipment and installing the hybrid heating system.
Once the heat pump and smart controls have been installed, you'll need to assign your RHI grant payments to us. You'll also need to register the system for any other scheme requirements.
We're participating in a scheme called the Assignment of Rights. This means that we can help homeowners cover the initial cost of installing a hybrid heat pump minus the one-off charge of £399 (incl VAT).
Once you've had you're hybrid heat pump installed you'll need to apply for the RHI via Ofgem. They'll ask for your EPC and your Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) number which we'll provide once your new system has been installed.
Here are the steps you need to take
- Go to Ofgem and apply for the RHI, assigning the payments to us within 14 days of installation
- Apply for the MMSP scheme
- Submit quarterly meter readings to Ofgem
- Submit an annual declaration to Ofgem
- Maintain the renewable heating system and ongoing RHI obligations.