1. The Plugged in photography competition (the "Competition") is open to recipients of the publication of any age ("You").
2. To enter the Competition, You should take a photograph in and around the county of Somerset, England, making sure you stick to these three rules:
- The photographs are not of a lewd or inappropriate nature
- The photographs are taken in a county of the South West of England: Somerset, Bristol, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Devon, Wiltshire or Cornwall.
- The photographs are submitted with a name, the location the photograph was taken and the type of camera that was used.
3. To enter the Competition you should send your entry to email@example.com You are responsible for the cost of sending your Competition entry to us.
4. When submitting your Competition entry, You must provide your name, the location the photograph was taken and the type of camera that was used. We will only use this information in relation to the Competition (including checking your eligibility to enter it), the Competition winner will have this information published in the following edition of Plugged in. We will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Competition.
5. We must receive your entry to the Competition by the publication deadline of Plugged in (quarterly deadlines). Entries received after this date will be submitted for the following editions competition.
Picking the winners
6. The Hinkley Point C communications team will choose a winner by vote picked from the valid entries. The decision will be made by consensus / voting amongst the communications team.
7. The winning entries will be those that the communications team consider to be of the highest quality.
8. The communications team will decide the winner as part of the editorial meetings for each edition of Plugged in. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Publishing the winning entries
9. The winning entries will be published in each edition of Plugged in.
10. By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give EDF Energy a. Permission for your entry to be published in the upcoming edition of Plugged in and grant EDF Energy a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Competition; and b. The right to use your name, and details of where the photograph was taken for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry.
11. The winner will receive a £50 voucher. The stores where this voucher can be redeemed may vary.
12. The prizes will be sent to the winner and the two runners up by post to the address provided.
13. The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for cash or any other prizes.
Some other rules
14. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
15. We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
16. Your entry will not be returned to You.
17. The Promoter of the Competition is EDF Energy Hinkley Point C communications team whose address is: EDF Energy, Mallard Court, Bridgwater, TA6 4RN. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to this address.
18. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of EDF Energy for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
19. EDF Energy accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. EDF Energy further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
20. EDF Energy reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of EDF Energy in all matters under its control is final and binding.
21. EDF Energy shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
22. The Competition will be governed by English law.