You can save energy and money just by making your business more energy efficient. Find out how here.
Free online energy audit - Business Fit
If you would like more information on how your business can make energy savings, why not put your consumption on a fitness plan? For a tailored report that you can edit, monitor or update at any time, try our free online tool Business Fit and start saving today.
Simple measures, significant savings
Below are just a few ideas of how to make some quick and easy changes in your business.
- Involve your staff
Encourage your employees to work out an action plan for making your business more energy efficient – therefore, more competitive.
- Energy Champions
Appoint Energy Champions throughout your business. Give them the authority to assign their colleagues energy-saving responsibilities, such as ensuring all lights are switched off when people go home.
- Switch off lights
A 100w light bulb could cost up to £50 a year if it’s left on constantly (Based on a 100w bulb left on for 8760 hours using 6.6p/kWh)
- Use low-energy light bulbs
Replace standard fluorescent tubes with slim-line tubes.
- Movement detectors
Use movement detectors to control lighting in toilets, meeting rooms and other areas that are not in constant use.
- Draught proofing
Install draught proofing around windows and doors to reduce heating costs.
- Time switches
Use time switches to stop unnecessary use of heating and lighting, and use thermostats to control temperatures.
- Regular meter readings
Keep track of how much energy your business uses by taking regular meter readings. This makes it easier to see when improvements are working and how much you are saving.
- Electrical equipment
Ensure computers and photocopiers are switched off when not in use for long periods.
Sign up or log in to your online account 'MyAccount' where you can:
- Submit meter readings
- View and download bills
- Pay bills online, securely
- Sign up to paperless billing
- Manage your account on the go
If you are a small to medium sized business, here are 3 simple ways to get a quote for your energy:
- Get an instant business quote online with just two easy steps
- To get advice and find the best tariff for your business needs, call us on 0800 015 9097(1)
- Request a call back to discuss a competitive business quote. It will be helpful to have a recent electricity bill to hand when getting your quote.
Our small business team can quote businesses with up to 50 sites.
More than 50 locations? Go to our Large Business pages.
Switching to EDF Energy gives you so many benefits:
- A choice of contracts including:
- Fixed term prices for 1-4 years
- Fixed price contract designed specially for start ups and movers
- Flexible contract so you can choose what's best for your business
- Freephone UK business team
- A discount off every bill* if you pay monthly by Direct Debit
- MyAccount – access and manage your account at a time that suits you
- Free energy efficiency advice
*If you pay your bills monthly by Direct Debit the discount is applied before VAT, before any other discounts have been deducted and is rounded to the nearest penny. Not all products are eligible for the discount.
If you’re currently in a contract with your existing energy supplier but thinking of switching, fill out our call back form and let us know when your current contract ends.
We’ll contact you nearer the time with a competitive quote.