Building business resilience for a changing energy future - helping large businesses balance the key aspects of strategic, price, volume and regulatory risks.
Delivering energy cost certainty
With volatile wholesale market conditions, limited liquidity and potential demand fluctuations driven by a changing global economy, energy procurement is an increasingly complex activity requiring greater attention to a broad range of areas that each requires specific expertise.
In recognition of this EDF Energy offers enhanced services around Risk Management, Volume Management, Price Management and Energy Structuring.
With unrivalled levels of skill and a wealth of experience our energy team will help you develop and operate the policies and mechanisms suitable for your business to deliver energy cost certainty - the procurement outcome that matters most to your stakeholders.
Helping you to create an effective risk management strategy and supporting governance.
Energy procurement can no longer be considered an exercise that merely provides operational security, where the objective is a contractually secure supply of energy.
Working with you and other key internal stakeholders:
- We ensure all relevant risks are identified, evaluated and regularly treated in line with your corporate expectations
- Consider the full breadth of energy factors and crucially translate these into meaningful terms for finance and treasury functions.
For more information please contact your EDF Energy Relationship Manager or email us at: email@example.com
Helping you achieve budgetary control through accurate and flexible forecasting.
Cost is a product of both price and volume, and both should receive equal focus under a comprehensive energy strategy.
We provide four ways of managing volume risk:
- Initial forecast assessment: Using advanced modelling techniques, coupled with your insight to build an accurate picture of your future consumption
- Volume flexibility: Working with you to best create a contract structure that suits your demand profile and appetite for risk
- Volume tolerance tracker reports: Provision of accurate monthly reporting enabling rapid response to changing circumstances
- Reforecasting: We employ a mechanism to allow changes to be locked in ahead of delivery to mitigate the risk of unplanned costs.
For more information call your EDF Energy Relationship Manager or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helping you to make informed energy purchases.
Irrespective of the product you operate, successful execution of your hedging strategy is key to delivering objectives.
There are three key features to our Price Management service:
- Direct market access: Swift entry and exit with minimum effort and maximum confidence
- Tailored support: Utilise knowledge and experience customised to your personal requirements
- Analysis and reports: Position and market analysis reports to share with internal stakeholders.
For more information call your EDF Energy Relationship Manager or email us at: email@example.com
Single point entry to global markets
For buyers managing longer term, cross commodity, pan European or global exposures, we will project manage and deliver elegant solutions by converting complex structures into a simple easy to manage offering. The Energy Structuring team provides:
- Dedicated point of contact
- Access to EDF Group capability.
For more information call your EDF Energy Relationship Manager or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Making sense of energy risk - Market leading energy risk management services for large business.
Follow our blog on: