New connection for your business electricity supply
Progressing from your first request for a new supply to finally receiving your first electricity bill can be complicated if you don’t follow the correct steps.
- Apply for a new supply connection for your business
Important information: Please read this information before completing the new connection form.
If you need a new meter installation for your business and already know what service you require, please use the new connection request form ».
Tip – Always make sure you have all your details to hand; it will help to speed up your application.
Arranging a new electricity supply connection for your business needn’t be difficult. That’s why we’ve included a simple e-guide, “Managing new connections”, which you can download to help you understand your role in the process.
For more information, contact:
New Supply Administration Team
0845 366 3666
- Managed end-to-end new supply solutions
Coordinating electricity connections to a major construction or property development project can be complicated. Don’t struggle alone – there’s a better way to organise all the different parties involved in the process.
We offer a hassle-free service
Reduce the risk of delay, save time and hassle – let our Strategic Ventures Development team manage the electricity connections process for you. Many leading developers, construction companies and contractors already benefit from this service.
Our Strategic Ventures Development team will:
- coordinate all parties involved
- advise you on how much electricity is realistically required for your site
- help keep your costs down with special contract rates for temporary and permanent connections
- handle all of your sites, no matter where they are in Britain
- make life easier by providing you with one dedicated contact.
If you need an end-to-end managed connection for your business, please use the new supply connection form ».
For more information, contact:
Strategic Ventures Development team
0845 300 6962
- Electricity supply disconnections
There may come a time when you need to disconnect the electricity supply to your premise(s). We can help to make this process as hassle-free as possible.
The disconnection process needn’t be complicated. If you require a disconnection to be carried out, simply complete our Termination of supply form ». This will allow us to:
- review and carry out your request more swiftly
- ensure that we capture all the relevant information from the outset.
If we need additional information from you, one of our dedicated team members will contact you directly.
Please note that this is a permanent procedure. If the supply subsequently needs to be reconnected, a charge may be payable, as it will be treated as a new connection.
Under what circumstances is a disconnection typically required?
A disconnection will usually be required when:
- it is necessary to remove redundant cables on a premise
- the building on the premise in question is to be demolished.
However, there may be other exceptional circumstances which require a disconnection to be carried out.