We try our best to provide an excellent service for our business customers – but if you have a complaint we want to know about it. We’re here to help.
If you have a complaint, please follow the procedure below:
Step 1 - We take every complaint we receive seriously and work with our customers to deal with them quickly and in a satisfactory way. We have provided you with four ways to contact us, all of which you can use at any stage of the process :
- Call our highly trained Business Advisers on 0845 366 3664
- Write to us:
B2B Customer Liaison
Exeter Business Park
- Email us at B2Bcustomerliaison@edfenergy.com
- Visit us at our business premises: EDF Energy, Gadeon House, Grenadier Road, Exeter Business Park, Exeter, EX1 3UT
Step 2 - If our Business Advisers are not able to resolve your complaint or you're not entirely happy with the way your complaint has been handled, you can take the complaint further by raising it to a Manager.
Step 3 - If you are still dissatisfied, you can request a full review of your complaint at any stage of the process by:
- Calling our Business Customer Service team on 0845 366 3664
- Writing to the Head of Business Customer Services at:
Exeter Business Park
- Emailing the Head of Business Customer Services: email@example.com
- Visiting our business premises: EDF Energy, Gadeon House, Grenadier Road, Exeter Business Park, Exeter, EX1 3UT
We will respond to your complaint within 10 working days. Following the full review of your complaint we may take the following actions:
- Apologise for any issues and explain our findings to you, including reasons for what has occurred
- Take appropriate action to put things right
- Explain our next steps which may include compensation paid by EDF Energy in appropriate circumstances
Step 4 - Ombudsman Services: Energy is a free and independent body which has the power to resolve customer disputes.
Their service is available to any Micro Business customer, defined as any business that has:
- An annual consumption of electricity of < = 55,000 kWh or
- An annual consumption of gas of < = 200,000 kWh or
- Fewer than the equivalent of ten full time employees and
- An annual turnover or annual balance sheet total not exceeding 2 million Euros
They may investigate your complaint if:
- You receive a letter from EDF Energy which clearly shows our final position in relation to your complaint. You can then refer the complaint to Ombudsman Services: Energy within 6 months of receiving this letter.
- You have not yet received such a letter, but at least 8 weeks have passed since you first made the complaint to us. You must refer your complaint to Ombudsman Services: Energy within 9 months of first making your complaint to us.
To see if your business qualifies for their services, please contact them by:
- Telephone on 0845 055 0760 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- By visiting the Ombudsman Services: Energy website
- By writing to them at Ombudsman Services: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington, WA4 9DF
EDF Energy is bound by any decision made by the Ombudsman, but customers are not. So, if you are not satisfied with their decision you may continue to uphold your complaint.
Our complaints handling procedure is regulated by the complaint handling standards regulations. A copy of the regulations can be located here*
Micro Business customers may also contact Consumer Direct at any point throughout this process, the Government's service for clear, practical and impartial consumer advice on all kinds of consumer queries.
Please call them on 08454 04 05 06 or go online at www.consumerdirect.gov.uk
*You will need to have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your machine to view the files. If you do not already have Acrobat installed, you can download a copy 'free' from the Adobe website. It will take approximately 5 minutes to download.