As one of the UK’s largest energy companies we’re determined to use energy more efficiently ourselves and to help our customers do the same. Our energy efficiency annual report for the last year explains the progress we’ve made.
In 2008, the Carbon Emissions Reduction Target (CERT) replaced the Energy Efficiency Commitment as the UK government’s main policy for reducing carbon emissions from existing households. We’re working hard to support the aims of CERT through a range of energy saving initiatives.
Our current energy saving initiatives:
- Low energy lighting schemes
- Home insulation schemes
- Energy efficient appliance schemes
- Heating schemes
Our energy efficiency achievements since 1994
- Over £178 million invested in energy projects
- Over 2.1 billion units of electricity projected to be saved
- 532,000 insulation measures completed
- 9.1 million low energy light bulbs provided
- 510,000 low energy efficiency appliances supplied
- 30,000 advice calls to and from customers completed every year
Read about our energy efficiency achievements last year in greater detail.
Download* a copy of our 2006-2007 annual report.
For copies of our previous annual reports call us free on 0800 096 9966†.
* If you are unable to view our 2006-2007 annual report then please go to adobe.com and download adobe acrobat reader. It’s free of charge and will only take a few minutes to install.