27 September 2011
EDF Energy is offering vulnerable customers, who meet qualifying criteria (the WHD Support Plus criteria is set out by ourselves) an extra £120 towards their electricity bill in spring 2012, as part of the Warm Home Discount rebate scheme.
It’s a new, government-led programme of activity that includes rebates and discounts. The programme includes the ‘Warm Home Discount’, which customers who receive the guaranteed credit element of Pension Credit automatically qualify for. There’s also ‘Warm Home Discount - Support Plus’ for customers who receive two different types of state benefit, from each of the criteria below.
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Income related employment support allowance.
- Long Term Incapacity Benefit
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for yourself
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for a child living with you
- Have a child who was under 5 on the 1st of April 2011 living with you (born on or after 1 April 2006)
If a customer qualifies for the ‘Warm Home Discount’, the rebate will be applied automatically so they don’t need to do anything. Once we receive confirmation of their eligibility from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), we’ll simply add a credit to their account or if they’re a prepayment customer we’ll send them vouchers.
If a customer thinks they’re eligible for a Warm Home Discount – Support Plus rebate, they can visit www.edfenergy.com/supportplus to fill out the online application form or call us on 0800 096 9000 (freephone).