We are proud to have been an official partner and the official electricity supplier of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
We used the power of the London 2012 Games to encourage people to change the way they think about and use energy.
We will deliver our low-carbon vision for London through the development of several innovative projects that will leave a positive legacy beyond London 2012.
We are well on the way to making this legacy a reality:
- Over 10 million young people engaged in the Pod – our programme for greener schools. Visit the Pod at www.jointhepod.org
- Over 1 million people became part of Team Green Britain, a community of people working together to reduce their carbon footprint when it comes to their home, travel or food
- We worked to reduce the carbon footprint of iconic London landmarks ahead of the London 2012 Games, including the EDF Energy London Eye and Tower Bridge
- EDF Energy employees raised over £350,000 for our charity partner, ParalympicsGB to help British athletes with their preparations ahead of the London 2012 Paralympic Games
- We helped to create a community and environmental legacy for the Games, working with young people in London through the Legacy Champions Programme
- We worked with Transport for London, LOCOG and fellow 2012 partners to create a legacy of electric vehicle recharging infrastructure for Londoners who want to move to a lower carbon lifestyle