We are proud to be an official partner and the official electricity supplier of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Click here to view our EDF London 2012 UK Press Pack.
We are using the power of the Olympic Games to encourage people to change the way they think about and use energy.
We will deliver our low-carbon vision for London through the development of several innovative projects that will leave a positive legacy beyond the London 2012 Games.
With less than one year to go, we are well on our way to making this legacy a reality:
- Over 5 million young people are engaged in the Pod – our programme for greener schools. Visit the Pod at www.jointhepod.org
- Over 1 million people are now part of Team Green Britain, a community of people working together to reduce their carbon footprint when it comes to their home, travel or food
- We are working to reduce the carbon footprint of iconic London landmarks ahead of the London 2012 Games, including the EDF Energy London Eye and Tower Bridge
- EDF Energy employees have so far raised over £150,000 for our charity partner, ParalympicsGB to help British athletes with their preparations ahead of the London 2012 Paralympic Games
- We are helping to create a community and environmental legacy for the Games, working with young people in London through the Legacy Champions Programme
- We are working with Transport for London, LOCOG and fellow 2012 partners to create a legacy of electric vehicle recharging infrastructure for Londoners who want to move to a lower carbon lifestyle
Find out more on edflondon2012.com